ACAIC 2022 Ghana
African Climate Adaptation Innovation Challenge
The African Climate Adaptation Innovation Challenge, coordinated by 3 E's 4 Africa in close collaboration with local partners GAYO and Start.Up Lounge Africa, is a project targeting the innovative young African changemakers to encourage and empower them to make a difference in their communities.
It is a project idea competition with the aim of developing innovative, sustainable and economically feasible ideas for local adaptation to climate change and helping participants turn them into real solutions. The first edition of the ACAIC will take place in Ghana in 2022.
The ACAIC programme consists of trainings and workshops as well as coaching sessions and P2P sessions between mentors and participants. A total of 4 main modules make up the ACAIC curriculum and programme. Each module has its sub-topics that will be part of the various training sessions of the curriculum. These modules are:
This project would not have been possible without the generous support of the organisations listed here. On behalf of all involved, we say thank you and look forward to further cooperation!
- Country: Ghana
- Region: Virtual/ Accra (hybrid)
- Project abbreviation: GHA-001
- Project start/ project end: Mar 2022 - Dec 2022
(8 week ACAIC Accelerator: June - August 2022)
- Project budget: appr. GHS 140,000.00
(appr. € 18,000.00 exchange rate as of 01.03.2022)
- Public subsidy: –
- Scholarship per person: n/a
- University: n/a
- Local partners: Green African Youth Organisation (GAYO), Start.Up Lounge Africa
- Number of students: t.b.a.
- Supervisor: n/a
- Mentor: n/a
- 3E4A-Coordinators: Nele Adade, Contimi Kenfack Mouafo